6th Conference New Technologies in Agriculture Thursday 9 Dec. 2021, 9.00 AM – 15.00 PM CET
This is a free online event. It will be held in the English language and Slovenian language with the English translation.
09:00 – 09:30 Welcome speach and introduction to the conference
Strategic reform plans of joint agricultural policies in EU member states
- Dr. Jože Podgoršek, Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Food (simultaneous translation into English)
1 del: WHERE ARE WE GOING?
09:30 – 09:55 The future of agriculture: How artificial intelligence is changing agriculture?
What will agriculture look like in 10, 20, 30 years? Based on current trends the future of agriculture is definately automation and technology. Experts are anticipating some major changes for the agriculture sector in order to follow and fullfil needs of rapidly growing world population.
To address this pressing issues, agriculture requires new approaches, which can not only increase productivity but also ensure environmental protection and conservation of limited natural resources. And on the same time the techologies and solutions needs to become more affordable to ensure that they reaches more farmers and agro companies.
What is the role of artificial intelligence in the future development of agriculture? What challenges can it solve? What opportunities and benefits does it bring to us? But what are the barriers of using artificial intelligence in agriculture?
- Prof. dr. Sašo Džeroski, Head of Department of Knowledge Technologies, Jožef Stefan Insitute (simultaneous translation into English)
09:55 – 11:00 Artificial intelligence in agri-food, best practices
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has the potential to impact the global economy by bringing significant changes to different industries and a growing number of companies are already implementing AI technology and reaping substantial benefits.
Agri-food sector can also benefit from the emerging technologies like AI-based Automated Robotic Systems to optimize irrigation, crop monitoring, farming, automated spray systems etc.
At the conference, we will look at different ideas and examples of best practices and discuss with them how AI can change agri-food now and in the near future in order to help us build a stronger agri-food sector.
- Digital twins – virtual versions of a product, dr. Willem Jan Knibbe, Director at Wageningen Data Competence Center of Wageningen University and Research
- System for assessment and management of sustainability of agri-food chains, prof. dr. Marko Debeljak, Department of Knowledge Technologies, “Jožef Stefan” Institute (simultaneous translation into English)
- The future of carbon farming: pros and cons, Branimir Popov, CEO Prime Trinity LLC, Srbia
11:00 – 11:10 Coffee break
2 del: HOW?
11:10 – 12:00 Round table: Financing and development of startups and projects in agriculture
The development, financing and commercialization of agriculture requires financial services that can support smaller and larger agricultural investments and agricultural infrastructure that require long-term funding and advancements in technology. An important challenge is to address systemic risks through different risk management mechanisms. At the round table, we will discuss where there are opportunities for technological and digital development in agriculture and how to access appropriate sources of funding and advisory support.
- Dr. Dragana Vukasinović, Founder of Fauna Smart Technologies
- Matej Štefančič, Founder of Efos d.o.o. (simultaneous translation into English)
- Jure Mikuž, Managing Partner, South Central Ventures (simultaneous translation into English)
- Michal Piosiks, Co-founder, Foodtech.ac
- Dejan Pristovnik, Small Enterprises Manager and Coordinator for Agrobusiness, NLB d.d. (simultaneous translation into English)
The round table will be moderated by Rok Pikon, executive editor at Finance.si.
12:00 – 12:30 Lunch break
3 del: WITH WHOM?
12:30 – 13:30 Agro Hi-tech competition 2021: announcement and presentation of winners 3 categories
With the Agro Hi-tech competition Slovenia 2021, we are looking for good practices in the development and transfer and use of new technologies throughout the food chain from field to table. We are interested in advanced, innovative and, above all, useful solutions in all phases of agriculture and in food production, logistics and marketing. This year, we presented 19 different examples of good practice in 3 categories in the newspaper Finance. At the event, we will get to know who is the best among them.
- The best PROVIDER of new technologies in agriculture (simultaneous translation into English)
- The best USER of new technologies in agriculture (simultaneous translation into English)
- The best IDEA of new technologies in agriculture (simultaneous translation into English)
13:30 – 15:15 Innovative projects and startups in agriculture
- EIT Food Seedbed Warsaw Hub and startups Linum, MEGenzymes, FortiFruits,
Dr. Olga Pelekh, Faculty of Management, University of Warsaw
- Innovative projects in precision farming,
Doc. dr. Jurij Rakun, Faculty of Agriculture and Biosystem Sciences, University of Maribor (simultaneous translation into English)
- Innovation of procedure and additive application in animal feed,
Dr. Aleksandra Ivetić, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Belgrade